circles

Saturday, August 1, 2009

An Occasion Worth Celebrating!

With everything that's been going on lately, Dustin and I haven't really had a good opportunity to celebrate. Jason (the best man at our wedding) was here visiting the week we found out (it was pretty hard to not tell him). They went to Kings Island, which, obviously I couldn't really ride anything so I stayed home. He left on Sunday; and on Monday we had a funeral to attend. We had also dog-sat my friends 2 shih tzu's that Tango especially loves to rough-house with. So we were a bit mentally and physically beat last weekend.

So this weekend was our chance to celebrate. Last night Dustin took me out for a nice dinner. It was delicious, and I was actually able to stop myself before I was too full. Usually at that restaurant I stuff myself until I look about 7 months pregnant (and feel 9). He also took me shopping to pick up some warm season maternity clothes for our cruise. I ordered my first maternity swim suit!! It's so cute, but the best part was that it was on sale for 29 bucks! The fun part about it though was being told to strap on a belly. Yes, they put a fake belly on you at destination maternity (my new favorite place for maternity clothing!). They have 2 sizes, 7 months and 9 months. Of course I will only be 4 or 5 months preggo by the cruise, but we figured the 7 month belly would be accurate enough to tell me if I'll fit in the suit. I made sure once I tried on the suit to ask Dustin if I looked preggo or if I just looked fat. He came up with the right answer. He just might learn! He was a good trooper throughout the shopping experience...though at Target I let him play in the TV section while I was in the maternity wear. But there again, we came out with two packages of safety things for our kitchen and bathroom cabinets/drawers.

Note for the future (or friends that may become pregnant) I've figured out that Kohls selection is just OK for maternity clothes- especially since their department consists of about one row. I'll go there for pants, but the shirts were just mediocre. Target was terrible. They had about 3 racks and they were all pretty much hideous or already faded looking. I met one very nice lady who looked like she was 5 or 6 months along and she said she's just been wearing normal shirts in bigger sizes...but she also very much looked like before she was pregnant she was probably in a size 2 at most. I doubt that will work long for me.

Overall, it was a very good night of celebrating our baby! I can't wait to actually see him/her.

P.S. Jason, remember how you said you ate so much you felt pregnant and I said I felt pregnant too...hehehehe. Sorry, I guess we are better at keeping secrets from you than we both thought...we've got some funny memories though!

No comments:

Post a Comment