circles

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mooooooannning & Grooooaning!

My first Dr. appt. went well yesterday...aside from the fact that they made me sit in the waiting room for just shy of an hour! At lunch time to make it worse. Do they know I'm trying to grow a baby inside of me?! I was so hungry it hurt. They never even offered water or juice or anything! Even Destination Motherhood (the clothing store) did that...for freeeee!! Then they made me go potty in a cup and then they took my blood! (which kind of hurt). By the time I made it to lunch with Dustin, my hands were shaking. Low blood sugar? Maybe. But it could have also been low blood period.

This appointment was mostly just informative. They gave me some folders that talk about hospital stuff, a sheet of medications I can take for different illnesses that wouldn't be harmful to baby, and of course the above mentioned work. They made sure neither Dustin or I had any history of random genetic impairments (I did the best I could, nothing sounded familiar), and asked me if I had any questions. When I was done, they sent me on my merry little way (to eat some stinkin' food!).

It wasn't until last night when the "morning sickness" became alarming. Not even caused by thinking about a particular herb...this time, just because. (Though, I still have no intentions of thinking or eating that herb). I felt SO bad last night I fell asleep with the trash can on the bed with me...I even did the whole breathing hard (hyperventilating) thing I have to do just before I get sick to avoid getting sick. I couldn't even sleep it felt so bad, until I remembered reading online about trying to sit up since one of the possibilities that they think might cause "morning sickness" is the acids sitting in the stomach as the organs are starting to get blocked (with swelling?) and your body isn't used to it (which explains some of the "potty" problems I've been dealing with). So I stacked some pillows, sat back, and fell asleep...Thank the good Lord, because I do NOT like tossing dinners that I didn't eat. Throwing up is the only thing worse in the world than doing dishes.

Yes, I did not really eat dinner. Dustin made me pasta roni, we thought that since it was bland, maybe it would be fine for me. It tasted really good, I just didn't feel like eating it...So I ate about half of it (which was about the same amount I ate of the spaghetti the night before).

The Nurse practitioner yesterday said "follow your cravings, they won't misguide you" when we were talking about my nausea (which back then, apparently, wasn't so bad) She said I'd crave lots of carbs, probably bread, peanut butter, and bananas. HA. NOTHING sounds good. Before I wanted more sugary things, and Fritos...should I follow those cravings? Now, absolutely nothing sounds good whatsoever. I have no desire to eat. (although the Rocky's Italian Ice that Dustin brought home last night was quite tasty)

People, when is the last time I had no desire to eat?!?!?!? Not even salty or sweet?!?!?!? I fear I might be dying.... this is a bad thing. (Don't panic though, while I don't yet have a will, Dustin knows exactly who to give my scrapbooking glory to.) Why does baby hate me? I'm trying to reason in my head that baby loves me, and just doesn't know what he/she is doing to mommy. That's the only thing that somewhat works. I'm beginning to question if this is a set of twins, if I really am crazy enough to think about going for a third. As of now...I'm standing on the other side of the fence.

Anyways, the Nurse practitioner is putting me at 7 weeks...but I'm nearly positive that I am at 6 weeks. I think I would know...plus I've always had longer cycles. So while she says my due date is set at March 31st, I'm setting it at about April 5th. Maybe if the baby holds on a little bit it can be born on April 9th so it can share it's birthday with Lauren :o) Of course, if I know my family, the baby will probably be born on April 6th. It would totally follow pattern. We were married on May 6th, and Tango was born on February 6th...so I guess we just like the 6th day of each month? On the other hand, if she is right and I am at 7 weeks, then I just MIGHT get over this sick thing earlier. Boo on feeling sick!

Also. if I she is right, and I'm at 7 weeks, my book says that our little one is the size of a blueberry. To illustrate how big this is, I took the liberty of taking some pictures of my blueberries that I had eaten a few entries ago. I put my blueberries on a pink background for good luck ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment