circles

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

All kinds of fall fun!

We've continued having our picnics with Daddy (or eating at resturaunts on days that are too chilly). These pictures were taken on Evan's 6 month birthday.



I think he's getting cuter and cuter, of course, I could be a little biased! (I played photographer again since his outfit was just so AWESOME!)





As the weeks pass by, the trees are turning more and more colors...meaning one thing is for certain..........IT'S APPLE PICKING AND PUMPKIN PATCH TIME!


We packed up our car and met my parents to go to Lynds fruit farm for a little fall fun! We go every year for their fuji apples- yummo! They are our favorites, and we've taught Dustin that they should be his favorites now, too! hahaha. (and we've succeeded!)


I had done my research to find out which weekends were for the fuji's, and their website said that the last two weekends of October would be Fuji weekends. So we wanted to be among the first. The problem was that for some unknown reason, they switched the weekends on us and we ended up getting the second/last weekend. Boo. The apples weren't even on the trees anymore! They had all been picked on the bottom, so they had to have their people climb ladders to get the rest down and they were all in crates! What is apple picking if you are actually apple DIGGING?!?! I was sad that Evan's first experience was apple digging instead...so we cheated and took his picture next to another kind of apple that was still on the tree. And here I had dressed him in red to match the red apples on the tree! Boo, Lynds, I blame you! :o) Oh well, we still had fun, and still ate yummy apples as we dug through crates to find the good ones!




After finding and stuffing enough apples into our bags, we made our way to the pumpkin patch. We didn't actually buy our pumpkins there, though my parents found a few- I had other plans in mind for us. But it was still fun to see where the pumpkins came from!




For our pumpkins we go to a place here in town that has all kinds of really nice pumpkins, little to big for super cheap! I wanted a big one for a particular reason, but you will have to wait for that one! We let Evan help pick out his first pumpkin and he got to ride in a wagon for his first time. He still can't sit up very well on his own, so it was made possible by the pumpkins surrounding him and the high back to the wagon! He loved it, but it made me a little nervous when they went from the grass to the gravel, so I kinda felt a need to take him out! What a great fall weekend! We can't wait for halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment