circles

Friday, October 16, 2009

Baby's first outfit....

Today is COTA day, I have a lot of grading to catch up on, so naturally, I'm playing online! :o) I haven't gotten a chance to REALLY write in a while and I have so much to catch up on! For example, about two weeks ago I went to Meijer with Dustin- I was so excited that I was starting to feel better and able to move around freely, that I decided to take a chance and go out in public. Naturally, while he was grocery shopping, I found my way to the baby isles. The most fun was when Dustin came to find me.....The conversation went something like this:

Me: "Lookie! We have to get this for baby! Look how cute!!!!"
Dustin: "Aww, that is super cute. We can get it on sale or clearance later."

Me: "Nooo! What if they run out!? Look how cute it is!! Look at the toes, there are REINDEER on the TOES!!!"
Dustin: "We don't even know what size Baby will wear at Christmas time!"

Me: "I've already done the math, Baby will be 8 months old, this is nine months, it should be close to right! And lookie, there are REINDEER ON THE TOES! With antlers!!"

Dustin: "Yeah, but we aren't in any hurry, we can wait until it goes on clearance!"

Me: "REINDEER!!! ON THE TOOOEES!!!"(At this moment, I lift it higher to clarify to Dustin that there are really reindeer on the toes and discover this....)


Me: GASP!!!"THERE'S A REINDEER ON THE BUTT, TOOOO! DUSTIN!!!"

Dustin: "I can clearly understand that you aren't hearing any of what I say and only understand that 'there are reindeer on the toes'"

Me: "There ARE reindeer on the toes!!"

At this point, Dustin surrenders and puts the cute little outfit in the cart...and I surrendered the 13 dollar teddy bear.

Worth it.

And this concludes the story of how Baby got his/her first brand new FIRST Christmas outfit.

1 comment:

  1. Dena,

    Remember most stores have a 90 day return policy so keep the receipt with the outfit and if by chance it goes clearance and they still have it buy it on clearance and take your receipt (you carefully saved) and return the full price one. If you dont find it clearanced you can say, told you so! Win win either way! lol I am so excited for you, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete